TRADITIONAL LAND OWNER SERVICES
Palya! We will work directly with you as the Traditional Land Owners to undertake carbon projects so you can secure a sustainable and independent income. There are also environmental, social and cultural co-benefits that are important in looking after your country, community and sacred sites.
If it's a bit confusing, have a read of What is carbon farming? or have a look at this savanna video to understand what it's all about. There's plenty of other useful stuff at the Malpa Resource Centre.
When you are ready, Aboriginal Carbon Fund can offer the following help:
- Community based workshops on the climate change, the carbon cycle, land use planning, carbon agribusiness requirements, Aboriginal land tenure, methodologies, online modeling tool demonstrations and the carbon market
- Feasibility studies on possible projects for your land, including regulatory requirements and other agribusiness considerations
- Project development including land use planning, funding application assistance, pilot projects, sustainable agribusinesses models, governance arrangements, negotiating for benefit sharing arrangements for joint projects, co-benefits (environmental, social and/or cultural) from projects
- Specialist advice on legal, native title, governance, methodology and/or land tenure issues for carbon projects
- Business connections to Corporate Australia to build long term relationships. We are currently negotiating with Australia’s leading banks about offsetting emissions to support sustainable carbon production on Aboriginal land.
If you are interested just give us a call.
Rowan Foley | General Manager | 0427 013 318 | rowan-at-abcfund.com.au
Barry Hunter | Regional Manager | 0437 827 881 | barry-at-abcfund.com.au